Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions of Fundraising for ANZGOG and its ‘WomenCan’ fundraising initiative.
Australia New Zealand Gynaecological Oncology Group (ANZGOG) is a DGR1 registered charity With the Australian Taxation Office and a registered charity with the Australian Charities and Not-for-Profit Commission (ACNC), however, each state and territory regulates fundraising in their jurisdiction and regulations can differ.
Fundraising generally refers to activities such as soliciting public donations (either in person or online), holding events to raise money, raffles and other games, corporate partnerships, and crowdfunding.
ANZGOG's registered address is in NSW. For more information, please read the charitable fundraising guidelines issued by the NSW Office of Liquor, Gaming and Racing at http:/www.olgr.nsw.gov.au or the relevant department in your state.
Along with the state and territory regulations, by fundraising for ANZGOG ‘WomenCan’, you must agree to our Terms and Conditions, which include.
Any fundraising activity must fit with the aims, values and ethics of ANZGOG. Fundraising activities must receive prior written approval from ANZGOG ‘WomenCan’ before proceeding. ANZGOG is not responsible for the management or record keeping of the fundraising activity, the commercial success or any debts incurred in the fundraising activity.
The fundraiser must:
- complete an Expression of Interest form outlining the particulars of the proposed activity;
- ensure that all requirements of the current and relevant laws and regulations about fundraising;
- be responsible for any or all expenses associated with conducting the fundraising activity;
- take all reasonable steps to ensure that total expenses payable from the fundraising activity do not amount to more than 40% of the gross proceeds from the activity;
- deposit the gross proceeds as a lump sum within 14 days after the event;
- ensure that they have the relevant insurance and indemnity considered necessary for any activity that involves the general community or individual members of the public. ANZGOG has no responsibility for these matters concerning any fundraising activity undertaken by the Fundraiser.
- Indemnify ANZGOG, its employees and its volunteers against all liabilities, losses, costs and damages that any of them may sustain or incur as a result, whether directly or indirectly, of any:
- Breach of the relevant charitable fundraising legislation.
- Negligent, wrongful, or fraudulent act or omission by the Fundraiser; or
- Physical injury including death to any person or damage to any property caused by the Fundraiser arising at or from the fundraising activity.
Each time a promotional item is produced – print or electronic – with the ANZGOG ‘WomenCan’ name and/or logo, the fundraiser must obtain written approval from ANZGOG ‘WomenCan’.
This includes collateral such as press releases, website, brochures, signage and email promotions.
Approved references for promotional activities are:
- ANZGOG ‘WomenCan’ – together we are stronger.
- Australia New Zealand Gynaecological Oncology Group (ANZGOG)
- WomenCan is the fundraising initiative of Australia New Zealand Gynaecological Oncology Group (ANZGOG).
- WomenCan fundraising for research by ANZGOG.
The words you use to promote the event must clearly show that this is not an ANZGOG-run activity, instead, you are raising funds as a third party to donate to ANZGOG ‘WomenCan’. All promotional material should clearly demonstrate that ANZGOG ‘WomenCan’ is the beneficiary of the funds raised.
All funds raised, and a financial reconciliation (event actual/budget, photocopies of receipts etc) must be provided to ANZGOG, along with funds deposited as a lump sum within 14 days after the event.
Tax-deductible receipts can only be issued to someone who donates without receiving a material benefit. You cannot provide a tax-deductible receipt for donations made to a raffle, tickets to an event, auction items or to someone who provides goods, a service or general cash for sponsorship. A donor will be provided with a tax-deductible receipt if donating online through www.womencan.org.au or any associate fundraising page on the same WomenCan platform.
ANZGOG’s bank account details are:
Australia New Zealand Gynaecological Oncology Group
BSB: 062 113
Account Number: 1013 7707
The fundraising event/activity will be the sole responsibility of the approved applicant. This will include ensuring all requirements of the current and relevant laws and regulations are met. No cost overruns or charges will be met by ANZGOG.
By proceeding I accept the terms and conditions of the Australia New Zealand Gynaecological Oncology Group (ANZGOG) Fundraising Guidelines and its ‘WomenCan’ fundraising initiative. I have read and agreed to abide by the ANZGOG ‘WomenCan’ Fundraising Guidelines and, to the maximum extent permitted by law, indemnify Australia New Zealand Gynaecological Oncology Group, its employees, directors, volunteers, and all sponsors from and against all liabilities, claims, damages, suits, expenses, causes of action, injuries, losses or inconvenience of any description whatsoever arising in any way for the fundraising event/activity that is the subject of this application. I also hereby declare that all information supplied for this request, to conduct a fundraising activity for ANZGOG is truthful and accurate and that in conducting the fundraising activity/event outlined in this expression of interest form we comply with all relevant State or Territory laws relating to fundraising.